Sunday, May 17, 2009

Poem Of Brothers in Arms - Garry & Glenn


My brother and I
Threw rocks at each other
Tossing, then diving
Ducking for cover

He once hit me
In the back of the head: It bled
A good shot
Ten stitches sealed the lot

I once hit him right
Between the eyes
He was 28
I was 25
Just a mighty concussion
(It's not as if he died)

My brother and I
Through throwing rocks at each other
Eventually found time to finally discover
A HUG is as good as a boulder
If you both live long enough
To get older.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are both good huggers... I'd rather that than a rock too.. luckily I've never had a rock from you but I have had hugs.. may they continue..

. said...

excellent

. said...

http://paintpit.ning.com/group/poetscorner

Cap here is a link to the poets corner on the keyhole and a couple of poems I wrote when Bron was in hospital

Anonymous said...

I like this Glenn. Thank you for sharing it. I have two brothers no sisters and it's been a joy to not only grow older together but to also grow up (and beyond the machismo) together too.