Thursday, June 17, 2010

Top Concerts


Sometimes a concert can lift you for days, months and provide a memory for a lifetime. My top concerts so far:

1. Leonard Cohen - Sandalford Winery 2009 Perth. Simply magic even though Leonard didn't do Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye. Supported acts Paul Kelly and Augie March.

2. Carole King & James Taylor - Melbourne 2010. Had seen James at Margaret River and it was superb but when combined with the energy, style and catalogue of Carole King - simply brilliant.

3. Slade/Lindisfarne & Status Quo - Subiaco Oval. Geez early or mid 70s. My first concert. Went with my mate Bill Pusey. We stood on the seats and stomped. Can't hear a Slade number without being back in the exact moment.

4. Jimmy Webb - Octagon Theatre. The man who wrote By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Witchita Lineman, Up, Up and Away... he sat a metre from Lindy and I and played, talked and sung. A real tunesmith.

5. Three Dog Night - Miami Zoo Florida. What can I say - Jeremiah really was a bullfrog and a very good friend of mine.

Many, many others... Music is a part of how I think and write.
Thinking Caps
book out now.

1 comment:

Vahe said...

Hi Cap, its 1:30 am can't sleep here in Mprristown, New Jersey USA. You are so right about a concert sstaying with you I still remember Genisis at Rockland Community College in 1978 brings tears to my eyes. I do miss the kin ship with so many people, and need to get a few with depth again. Here is to kin ship from the other side of the planet. Time to get some sleep. Bye Vahe