Monday, February 23, 2009

CAPMAPS - Visual NoteTaking


I was at a National Speaker's Meeting listening to London based Frank Furness CSP talk about aspects of this Speaking Life and some of his approach to spreading his word. The attached picture is page one of my notes and apologies to Frank for my art work of his moustache! I have kept journals since I was 12 and what has emerged in my journaling is a visual note taking approach we call Cap Maps (Creative, Analytical and Practical). Such a visual note taking system is based on a variety of Visual Approaches (Tony Buzan's wonderful Mind-Mapping is one of hundreds of visual techniques) and some of the principles of how memory works (Stand-Out Effect, Association, Chunking...) Check www.glenncapelli.com Shop for our DVD set on How to CAPMAP.

No comments: