Thursday, February 12, 2009

Leonard Cohen - Thinking Caps


As a lad I read them all - the poems, the lyrics, the novels. Leonard Cohen saved me on a night or two. My mates couldn't understand - EMO hadn't been invented then. I wrote this piece for ABC 720 radio in Western Australia and it aired early in 2008. Last weekend Lindy and I watched Augie March (superb), Paul Kelly (beautiful) and the great man and band of Leonard Cohen. It was inspired and I wear my tour t-shirt proudly. May we all find beauty in the cracks that let the light in. More Thinking Caps can be found on itunes - Thinking Caps CD.

2 comments:

. said...

I caught "love puffs" on abc streaming I think? What a brilliant common sense approach and thanks for the inspiration.

Glenn Capelli said...

From my mate Andrew Hoarabin - wonderful educator and mind: I did have a listen to some stuff on your blogspot last time you wrote. Enjoyed the piece about Leonard Cohen, of whom I am also a fan. I remember first hearing him when I was about 16 years old. Knew it was significant but didn't know why. I particular enjoyed the way the music was mixed in to the piece. And I have often found that supposedly gloomy songs by Cohen, Morrissey or Cave could cheer me up. Great images of the Chelsea Hotel. Andrew